Backgrounds
Wood Backgrounds

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

From the Eyes of a World Racer


My name is Cara, and I’m a World Racer. For those unfamiliar with the World Race, it’s an 11-month mission trip to 11 countries throughout the world. My time in the Philippines is month 4 of the Race, and as such, I already have three months worth of absorbing the atrocity of poverty and injustice alongside the eclipsing power of God under my belt. I’ve hit the point where I’m craving to have the Lord “break my heart for what breaks His” while also fearing a little bit that I’ll start to grow numb to what I see.

Yet, despite being immersed in poverty for the last three months I was nearly brought to tears when I visited a tent city in Antipolo with K.I.M.’s feeding ministry this past week. I was anything but numb as my heart began to break for the physically and spiritually impoverished Filipinos I met.  The need here is so great. People are starving; children are covered in infected scabs. There is something unique about this place, and God cares so much about these people that He’s entrusting me with a glimpse into His heart so that I might love them as He loves them.

K.I.M. earns my respect more and more as I am a part of how well this ministry loves Filipinos and meets their needs: spiritual, emotional and physical. K.I.M. is a light in a dark, destitute place, and it’s been a privilege to be a part of what God’s doing through them in this country.

Our group of 18 World Racers has been helping with all different facets of the ministry this month, from working with kids to prisoners, baseball players, prostitutes, social businesses and the poor and homeless. The video below shares some of what we’ve been seeing through the feeding ministry specifically.

VIDEO: K.I.M. Feeding Ministry

No comments:

Post a Comment