Backgrounds
Wood Backgrounds

Monday, April 21, 2008

The terrific 2's

What do you do with an Angel that’s not quite, well, an angel?

Nice ToesToday I came home to my room to find that some of my things were out of place. “That’s strange” I thought to myself. Then I noticed a toy bucket on the floor and realized that I had had a visitor. My room has two doors, one leading outside to the living room and one that leads to Moses and Angel’s bedroom. . . . I then heard crying coming from my bathroom and had a pretty good hunch who was in there. I opened the door to discover that Angel, 2, had been playing dress up during nap time. I assumed she was only upset because she hadn't had a nap, because it looked like she had quite the time going through my toiletries. She had used her finger to dig my lipstick out from its casing and applied it to her mouth, cheeks and dress, there was nothing left in the tube. Angel then proceeded to paint all her fingernails and toenails with my red polish. I was more in a state of awe and weariness than upset that she had done all this. That’s some skill for a two year old. I took her back to her room where Moses was sound asleep and put her to bed.

Look at me! Later today I saw that my camera was out and picked it up to look through the recent photos. I really was surprised to find that there were weird blurred pictures that I had no remembrance of taking. Then I came to a few photos of the culprit herself. At some point she had taken pictures of her “pretty nails”. I was very mistaken to think that she could even turn a camera on. Well, we all live and learn. I’ll not underestimate a two year old ever again. And our Angel had better think twice about going into my room.

Daisy Chell
New Faith Family Nursery Director

No comments:

Post a Comment